Effects of dispersants on microbial growth and biodegradation of crude oils

N.B. Bhosle, S. Mavinkurve

Abstract



Four oil spill dispersants when used along (0.1% V/V) or in combination with Saudi Arabian Crude (0.5% V/V) were non-toxic to Arthrobacter simplex and Candida tropicalis. At a higher concentration of 0.6% (V/V) only D2 was found to be toxic to both the organisms. Dispersant treatment did not increase the bio-degradation of crude oils except D3 in the presence of Bombay High crude oil

References



Full Text: PDF

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Creative Commons License Mahasagar by National Institite of Oceanography, Goa, India is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Powered by Open Journal Systems. Site is best viewed in 1024X768 resolution. A project by Mithun Raj M. at NIO.